Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) / 17,000 sf
The Shops at Millennium Station are located in the concourse of Metra’s newly renovated Millennium Station (2005). The Station, originally built in the 1880’s, has recently undergone a $22 million renovation, transforming it into a commuter station of world class aesthetics and elevating it to the status of Metra’s premier flagship station. Designed by the esteemed firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, architectural details include stainless steel, etched glass and cobalt blue terrazzo floors. Improvements include HVAC upgrades to tenant
spaces, state of the art fire protection and the ability to handle kitchen exhaust at multiple levels.
Positioned directly beneath Millennium Park (a 24.5 acre setting for world class art, music, architecture and landscape design) at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Randolph Street, the Station serves as one of the major entry points to the City of Chicago.
At just under 17,000 square feet of retail space, The Shops are sheltered from the elements and conveniently connected to the Chicago Pedway, linking The Shops to important commercial and residential buildings, parking, government offices and theaters.
In the tradition of such world class cities as Montreal, Quebec and Atlanta, Georgia, the Shops at Millennium Station are managed by a full-time staff to ensure the Station’s cleanliness and safety despite its high volume of traffic (approximately 17,000 commuters traveling through the Station each direction per day).